- Advert - An Appealing Act.pdf [197.51 KB] [2014-08-10 20:47:42]
- Advert - Grounded Flexibility.pdf [110.98 KB] [2014-08-10 20:47:42]
- Product Leaflet - Equipment All Risk.pdf [90.41 KB] [2014-08-10 20:47:42]
- Product Leaflet - Event Cancellation.pdf [95.26 KB] [2014-08-10 20:47:42]
- Product Leaflet - Event Liability.pdf [94.76 KB] [2014-08-10 20:47:42]
- Product Leaflet - Film Producers Indemnity.pdf [174.58 KB] [2017-05-17 13:37:58]
- Product Leaflet - Prize Indemnity.pdf [82.98 KB] [2014-08-10 20:47:42]
- Publication - Managing the Risk of Event Cancellation.pdf [738.06 KB] [2014-08-10 20:47:42]
Event Liability - What Does it Mean?
With the implementation of the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act 2 of 2010, event planners, conference organisers and business owners face a tough regulatory environment. And with greater uncertainty and personal risk in virtually all dimensions of their business, it emphasises the importance of expert risk management and specialist underwriting.
The Company We Keep
This is KEU's 14th year of stellar performance in delivering tailor-made insurance solutions to the film, television, events and entertainment industries. KEU is proud to present the movies and some recent events we have insured.
Potentially costly headache averted at surfing competition
In 2007, two teenagers hid away underneath some scaffolding at a surfing competition. The wind picked up and an advertising board which was not properly fastened fell onto the scaffolding, resulting in head injuries for the youngsters.
Luckily the event organiser had taken out KEU event liability cover for the festival and this potentially tragic and costly accident was covered with no fuss.
Hole in One
A talented (and slightly lucky) golfer attended a local schools fundraising golf day at Paarl Golf Club on 4 November 2011. He walked away with a lot more than pride when he struck a hole in one, entitling him to a brand new vehicle worth R105,000.
The event organiser was happy to hand over the prize, knowing that if KEU prize indemnity cover had not been taken out, there would not have been much fund-raising at all after handing over this prize.
More than just disappointment
During a 2008 International Airshow hosted in Johannesburg a bad weather spell resulted in the cancellation of the event. Of course, expenses still had to be settled, regardless of the reduced income.
It could have been a financial nightmare, but luckily the event organiser had taken out event cancellation insurance and KEU saved the day.